Monday, June 13, 2011

Creamy Mexican Chicken

Ingredients:


  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast

  • 1 pack or taco seasoning

  • 1 can of cream of mushroom soup

  • 1 cup of salsa

  • 1 cup of sour cream

  • 1/2 can of black beans (optional)
Directions:


  1. Put everything (except the sour cream) in to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.

  2. With about 30 minutes left, add the sour cream.

  3. This next step is optional. Because I like my creams, etc. to be thicker, I removed the chicken and added corn starch to the salsa, soup, bean mixture to thinken it up.

  4. EAT! There are also two ways this recipe can be eaten (there may actually be more, but these are the two I use. #1: Just place one of the whole chicken breasts on a plate and spoon sauce on top.#2: Shred on of the chicken breasts and scatter it on top of tortilla chips. Cover with sauce and extra black beans, if desired.

Hubby's

YUM-O-METER

8-(although he said it would have been a 10 had I made him the nachos too, HA!!)

(on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest)

*I did not do the nutritional value of this since there would have been extra calories added if you made the nachos versus just the chicken breast and if you chose to add the black beans or not. I'm also not sure why this is spacing so weirdly, but I can't seem to figure it out so, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment