Saturday, April 11, 2009

Rosemary Sweet Potato Steak Fries

Ingredients:
  • 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into steak fry-sized pieces
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly minced garlic (or you can use pre-package minced garlic, like I did. shown in the ingredients picture)
  • 1 1/2 dried rosemary
  • 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
  2. In a large glass, or plastic bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and salt.
  3. Arrange in a single layer, not touching, on a large nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
  4. Turn the potato pieces and bake 10-15 minutes longer, or until tender inside. (I had my fries in the oven, on the second side, for 8 minutes and as you can see they were a little burnt. I will say that they were super delish when I tried them as I was flipping them over to bake on the second side. If you prefer your fries on the soft side then I wouldn't even put them back in to bake on the second side. Next time I will only bake them on the second side for 4-5 minutes. I would suggest checking them after that amount of time if you try this recipe.)
Hubby's Yum-O Meter:
(on a scale of 1-10)
7.5
For six servings
Nutrient Analysis- per serving
120 calories
2 g protein
24 g carbohydrates
2 g fat (trace saturated)
0 mg cholesterol
4 g fiber
169 mg sodium
*I made these sweet-potato fries to serve with turkey burgers. The recipe came from my Biggest Loser Family cookbook. I highly recommend the entire book.

No comments:

Post a Comment