Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Easy Lo-Cal Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Heart Smart Bisquick
  • 1 cup garden blend vegetable mix
  • 2/3 cup frozen english peas and carrots
  • 1 large can of low fat chicken breast (like Hormel 98% fat free chicken) (or you can use regular cooked chicken, but I was lazy when I made this and usually am, so I use the canned kind)
  • 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (you can use other milks, but the nutritional value will be different from what I post)
  • 1/4 cup egg substitute
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. In an ungreased 9-inch pie plate, stir vegetables, chicken and soup. (I actually used a small square casserole dish.)
  3. In a medium bowl, stil remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate. (or casserole dish! =))
  4. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Hubby's Yum-O Meter
(scale from 1 to 10)
8
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Value per serving
Calories: 178
Fat: 4g
Carbs: 23g
Sodium: 773mg
Protein: 14g
Sugar: 3g
Fiber: 3g
I made this recipe my own by making a few changes to the original recipe that I found here. Next time I may use a little less of the crust to see if that will help make it a little more crispy or possibly leave it in the oven a little longer next time. The husband only gave it an 8, because he's not a huge chicken pot pie fan anyway. Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment